- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching; 1st state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 16 5/8 inches (27 × 42.2 cm), Plate: 8 1/2 × 11 5/8 inches (21.6 × 29.5 cm), Image: 6 3/4 × 9 5/8 inches (17.1 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Cresset 1st State"
Lettered, lower center: "The Cresset"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "FL Griggs"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | bank | battlements | boat | bridge (built work) | buttresses | copings | costume | cresset | cutwaters | dock | doorway | gateway | grasses | men | parapets | pillars | planks | reflections | river | shadows | spire | steps | stonework | towers | town | turrets | walls | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, The Cresset, 1915
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.