- Medo-Persian Horse and Egyptian Horse
- ca. 1837
- Graphite and pen and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 4 inches (16.5 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, center left: "Medo-persian Horse. | Ancient maned dun stock | from Bas reliefs of che-el- minor."; inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "From Thebes."; inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "Egyptian Horse. | Ancient Bay Stock."; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "32"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Medo-Persian Horse and Egyptian Horse, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.