The English Race-Horse
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 × 6 3/8 inches (10.8 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Eclipse"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "pl. IX"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "33"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | horse (animal)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, The English Race-Horse, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.