- The English Race-Horse
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 × 6 3/8 inches (10.8 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Eclipse"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "pl. IX"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "33"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | horse (animal)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, The English Race-Horse, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.