- Asinus Hippagrus The Yo-To-Tze
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/8 × 6 3/8 inches (10.5 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Equus Decupsatus | yo-to-tze? of China.; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "engraved"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "from life"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Asinus Hippagrus The Yo-To-Tze, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.