- Colt Third Issue of Brood Mare and Second by the Black Arab
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/8 × 6 3/8 inches (10.5 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Colt 3rd issue | of the brood mare & | 2nd by the black Arab."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "engraved"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "38"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Colt Third Issue of Brood Mare and Second by the Black Arab, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.