- The Hlymar, or Hamur, Persian Wild Ass
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, black ink and graphite on medium, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 6 3/8 inches (9.8 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "al.Hamar"; inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "Ghoor Khur or | Wild Ass of Persia"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Ke[?] Porter"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "pl XX"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "45"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, The Hlymar, or Hamur, Persian Wild Ass, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.