- Hippotigris Quacha
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 × 6 15/16 inches (11.7 × 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "49"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Christopher Plumb, Zebra, Reaktion Books, London, UK, p. 77, QL737.U62 P58 2018 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Hippotigris Quacha, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.