- The Zebra
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 6 7/16 inches (9.8 × 16.4 cm)
Iinscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "The Zebra | from life"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Engraved"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "51"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | zebra (mammal)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, The Zebra, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.