- The Alpine, or Great St. Bernard Dog
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (10.8 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Alpine St. Bernard | Dog."; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "53"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, The Alpine, or Great St. Bernard Dog, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.