- Procyon Cancrivorus, Crab-eating Racoon, Black Variety
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, gray ink and graphite on mediium, smooth, white, wovve paper
- Sheet: 4 1/16 × 6 1/2 inches (10.3 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray iink, lower left: "Lotor Canrivorus | crab eater raccoon. from life"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "88"
Signed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Procyon Cancrivorus, Crab-eating Racoon, Black Variety, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.