- Etching; 2nd state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 13 inches (24.8 × 33 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 × 8 1/8 inches (17.1 × 20.6 cm), Image: 6 5/8 × 8 inches (16.8 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "36513 MK"; lower center: "The Quay"; lower right: "A39112"
Signed in graphite, lower right: FL Griggs | imp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | balconies | bay windows | birds | bridge (built work) | buttresses | castle | chimneys | churches | cityscape | costume | cupola | cutwater | doorways | dormers | gables | headgear | hill | houses | lanterns | men | pillar | poles | quay | railings | reflections | river | rocks | roofs | shadows | shingles | staff | steps | stonework | towers | turrets | walkway | walls | weathervane | windows | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, The Quay, 1916
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.