IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Young's Night Thoughts, Page 55, "Ungrateful, Shall We Grieve Their Hovering Shades", 1797
Young's Night Thoughts, Page 55, "Ungrateful, Shall We Grieve Their Hovering Shades"
- Part Of:
Collective Title: The Complaint and The Consolation; or, Night Thoughts, by Edward Young
- Etching and line engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 17 1/2 inches (44.5 cm), Sheet: 16 3/4 x 13 inches (42.5 x 33 cm), Plate: 15 5/8 x 12 3/4 inches (39.7 x 32.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | flowers (plants) | grass | grave | gravestone | literary theme | mourning | pointing | religious and mythological subject | text | thorns | tombstone | vines | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.