Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Young's Night Thoughts, Page 10, "Disease Invades the Chastest Temperence", 1797
Young's Night Thoughts, Page 10, "Disease Invades the Chastest Temperence"
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 17 1/2 inches (44.5 cm), Sheet: 16 3/4 x 12 7/8 inches (42.5 x 32.7 cm), Plate: 16 1/4 x 12 3/4 inches (41.3 x 32.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crook, shepherd's | disease | dog (animal) | literary theme | men | nudes | religious and mythological subject | sheep | shepherd | sleeping | text | vial | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.