Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Young's Night Thoughts, Page 12, "Its Favours Here Are Trials, Not Rewards", 1797
- Young's Night Thoughts, Page 12, "Its Favours Here Are Trials, Not Rewards"
- Etching and line engraving with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 17 1/2 inches (44.5 cm), Sheet: 16 3/4 x 13 inches (42.5 x 33 cm), and Plate: 15 3/4 x 12 3/4 inches (40 x 32.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | children | grass | hill | literary theme | men | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | serpent | sky | snake | text | vines | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.