- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching; 6th state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (21.6 × 26.7 cm), Plate: 3 3/4 × 4 5/8 inches (9.5 × 11.7 cm), Image: 3 5/8 × 4 1/2 inches (9.2 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "12 A. 20 VI Stoke Poges"; lower right: "A 61594"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "FL Griggs | imp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | church | churchyard | clouds | columns | covered walkway | doorway | evening | gable | grasses | herbs | landscape | moonlight | mosses | porch | roof | shadows | shingles | sky | timber | tombstones | trees | vines | walls | window
- Associated Places:
- Buckinghamshire | England | St. Giles Parish Church | Stoke Poges | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, Stoke Poges, 1918
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.