Porta della Carta
- Additional Title(s):
Six Venice Etchings, No. 3
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 18 5/16 x 12 7/8 inches (46.5 x 32.7 cm), Plate: 12 1/16 x 7 1/8 inches (30.7 x 18.1 cm), and Image: 11 3/4 x 6 7/8 inches (29.9 x 17.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Porta della Carta"
embossed stamp, lower left: "JAMES CONNELL & SONS, | PUBLISHERS & FINE ART DEALERS, | 47, OLD BOND ST, LONDON, W."
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "A F Affleck"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Andrew .F. Affleck."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | architectural subject | architecture | capes | children | courtyard | doorway | finials | gate | genre subject | lion | lion of St. Mark | men | monument | niches | palace | pilasters | portal | relief | robes | sculpture | steps | turrets (towers) | wings | women
- Associated Places:
- Doge's Palace | Italy | Piazza San Marco | Porta della Carta | San Marco | Veneto | Venezia | Venice
- Associated People:
Foscari, Francesco (1373–1457), doge of Venice
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Andrew Fairbairn Affleck, 1874/7–1936, Porta della Carta, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.