- Additional Title(s):
Six Venice Etchings, No. 4
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- 18 1/4 x 12 7/8 inches (46.4 x 32.7 cm), 10 13/16 x 8 1/8 inches (27.4 x 20.6 cm), and 10 9/16 x 7 7/8 inches (26.8 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "The Rialto"
embossed stamp, lower left: "JAMES CONNELL & SONS, | PUBLISHERS & FINE ART DEALERS, | 47, OLD BOND ST, LONDON, W."
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "A F Affleck"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Andrew .F. Affleck."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | awning windows | balconies | balustrades | basket | boy | bridge (built work) | buildings | canal | cape | child | cityscape | cupola | food | genre subject | gondolas | gondolier | hats | marine art | men | pot | railings | restaurant | sculpture | shutters | signs | steps | stores | tower (building division) | women
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Rialto | Veneto | Venezia | Venice
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Andrew Fairbairn Affleck, 1874/7–1936, The Rialto, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.