- Additional Title(s):
Six Venice Etchings, No. 5
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 12 15/16 x 18 5/16 inches (32.8 x 46.5 cm), Plate: 8 1/2 x 12 11/16 inches (21.6 x 32.2 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 x 12 1/2 inches (21.2 x 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Grand Canal"
embossed stamp, lower left: "JAMES CONNELL & SONS, | PUBLISHERS & FINE ART DEALERS, | 47, OLD BOND ST, LONDON, W."
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "A F Affleck"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Andrew .F. Affleck."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | awning windows | basilica | boats | buildings | canal | chimneys | church | cityscape | columns (architectural elements) | crosses (objects) | domes | gondolas | marine art | men | oars | pediment | river | sails | statues | steps | stores
- Associated Places:
- Bacino San Marco | Dorsoduro | Grand Canal | Italy | Santa Maria della Salute | Veneto | Venezia | Venice
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Andrew Fairbairn Affleck, 1874/7–1936, Canale Grande, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.