- Drypoint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 12 15/16 x 14 5/8 inches (32.9 x 37.1 cm) and Plate (to image): 8 3/4 x 10 7/8 inches (22.3 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Smithfield"; lower right: "au-"
stamped in magenta ink, lower left: "8154"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "S ANDERSON"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Stanley Anderson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | arches | architecture | buildings | caps | carts | chaos | cityscape | coats | crates | genre subject | ladder | market (event) | men | merchants | niches | pediment | pilasters | sculpture | selling | statues | trousers | tunnel | wagons | weathervane | wheels | yokes
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Greater London | London | Old Smithfield Market | Smithfield | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Stanley Anderson, 1884–1966, British, Smithfield, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.