- Materials & Techniques:
- Drypoint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 12 15/16 x 14 5/8 inches (32.9 x 37.1 cm), Plate: 8 3/4 x 10 7/8 inches (22.3 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Smithfield"; lower right: "au-"
stamped in magenta ink, lower left: "8154"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "S ANDERSON"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Stanley Anderson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | arches | architectural subject | architecture | buildings | butchers | caps | carts | chaos | cityscape | coats | crates | crowd | genre subject | hay | horses (animals) | ladder | market (event) | meat | men | merchants | niches | pediment | pigs | pilasters | poultry | sculpture | selling | statues | trousers | tunnel | wagons | weathervane | wheels | yokes
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Greater London | London | Old Smithfield Market | Smithfield | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Stanley Anderson, 1884–1966, British, Smithfield, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.