Women at Prayer
- Additional Title(s):
In Santa Serva II
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, white laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 x 10 3/8 inches (35.9 x 26.3 cm), Plate: 10 15/16 x 8 7/16 inches (27.8 x 21.5 cm), and Image: 9 7/8 x 7 15/16 inches (25.1 x 20.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Title: - WOMEN AT PRAYER | Price: - £7-7-0."; lower center: "ROBERT AUSTIN: LINGARD HOUSE: | CHISWICK MALL: LONDON. W. 4."
Marked in orange ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts"
Lettered, lower center: "R S A"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "Robert Austin"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of the Associates in Fine Arts
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | buttons | cloaks | columns | dresses | earrings | figure study | genre subject | kerchiefs | keys | pillow | prayer | scarves | shoes | tassel | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Women at Prayer, 1936
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.