Women at Prayer
- Additional Title(s):
In Santa Serva II
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, white laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 x 10 3/8 inches (35.9 x 26.3 cm), Plate: 10 15/16 x 8 7/16 inches (27.8 x 21.5 cm), Image: 9 7/8 x 7 15/16 inches (25.1 x 20.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Title: - WOMEN AT PRAYER | Price: - £7-7-0."; lower center: "ROBERT AUSTIN: LINGARD HOUSE: | CHISWICK MALL: LONDON. W. 4."
Collector's mark, verso: Yale University Art Gallery (Lugt 2667c)
Lettered, lower center: "R S A"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "Robert Austin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of the Associates in Fine Arts
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | buttons | cloaks | columns | dresses | earrings | figure study | genre subject | kerchiefs | keys | kneeling | pillow | prayer | praying | scarves | shoes | sitting | solemn | tassel | thoughtful | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Women at Prayer, 1936
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.