- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 8 11/16 x 11 3/16 inches (22 x 28.4 cm), 5 5/16 x 6 15/16 inches (13.5 x 17.6 cm), and 5 3/16 x 6 13/16 inches (13.1 x 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Plough."; lower right: "100"; on back, lower left: "35 (circled) KT 2098"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "Austin"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | birds | buildings | chains | church | dirt | farmer | farming | fences | fields | genre subject | horses (animals) | labor | landscape | man | plants | plough (agricultural equipment) | ploughing | roads | village | wheels | working
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, The Plough, 1922
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.