- The Angelus
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 13 7/16 inches (26.9 x 34.1 cm), Plate: 6 5/8 x 9 inches (16.9 x 22.8 cm), and Image: 6 1/8 x 8 7/8 inches (15.6 x 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "C.D.34 Unpublished. Few early imps; 15 were printed in 1930 Etching 1922"; on back, lower left: "T96E (E is backwards)"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "AUSTIN 1922"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "RobertAustin-"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | architectural subject | birds | blanket | blouse | bodice | bowing | bridles | buildings | buttons | buttresses | chains | child | chimneys | church | city | clogs | cloth | coat | dress | farming | fences | genre subject | girl | harnesses | horses (animals) | kerchief | kneeling | labor | laundry | man | plow (agricultural equipment) | reins | roofs | shingles | skirt (garment) | socks | spire | standing | stones | tower (building division) | trees | trousers | walls | watching | windows | woman | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, The Angelus, 1922
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.