A Roman Madonna
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 8 1/8 inches (26.1 x 20.7 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 5 15/16 inches (17.6 x 15.1 cm), Image: 6 11/16 x 5 3/4 inches (17 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "A Roman Madonna | D.36.Pub 1922 Edition 30 Etching"; on back, upper left: "21 Sall | 1835"; center right along edge: "_3 1/2 _"; lower left: "3 (circled) | E1326 (upside down)"
Lettered, lower right inside image, "RS | AUSTIN"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "- Robert Austin - 1922 -"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | baby | birdcage | birds | blanket | blocks | blouse | bridge (built work) | brocade | buttons (fasteners) | child | children | city | cityscape | cupola | cushion | dome | earth | flowers (plants) | genre subject | grass | kerchief | mother | pillow | ring | roofs | shoes | skirt (garment) | stones | wall | water | windows | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Rome | Tiber
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, A Roman Madonna, 1922
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.