San Carlo and San Giacomo, Rome
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 13 7/8 inches (21.9 x 35.2 cm), Plate: 4 3/8 x 11 1/8 inches (11.1 x 28.3 cm), and Image: 4 1/8 x 11 inches (10.5 x 28 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "St Garlo and St Giacomo. Rome. C.D. 47 IV. Edition 35 imps 1924 Etching"; on back, lower left: "5 (circled) | E886 (upside down)"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "-AUSTIN-"; lower right inside image: "ROMA . MCMXXIV"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAvery1924"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | birds | buildings | chimneys | churches | cityscape | crosses (motifs) | crows | cupola | domes | flags | ladders | men | skyline | smoke | spires | towers (building divisions) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Rome | San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane | San Giacomo degli Incurabili
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, San Carlo and San Giacomo, Rome, 1924
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.