Woman Milking a Goat
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slight textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 10 1/4in. (21 x 26cm), Plate: 4 5/8 x 4 3/4 inches (11.8 x 12 cm), Image: 4 1/2 x 4 5/8 inches (11.4 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "A8441 .59"; on back, lower left: "38 (circled)"
Lettered, upper center: "R. S. A."
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin1925"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | apron | bowl | chain | collar | genre subject | goat | hay | labor | livestock | milking | necklace | peasant | scarf | turban | woman | working
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Woman Milking a Goat, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.