- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching; 4th state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 3/4 × 11 inches (42.5 × 27.9 cm), Plate: 10 × 7 1/4 inches (25.4 × 18.4 cm), Image: 9 1/8 × 6 1/4 inches (23.2 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "CD. 28 IV 15 [...] of this state"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "FL Griggs"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | awning | balconies | bank | battlements | bell | bell cote | birds | brackets | buildings | buttresses | church | coping | costume | courtyard | cross (object) | doorways | escutcheon (coat of arms) | finials | flying buttresses | footbridges | gables | grasses | louvers | monastery | monks | parapets | pillar | pinnacles | planks | posts | railings | river | rocks | roofs | scupper | shadows | shingles | spires | steps | stonework | towers (building divisions) | trees | turrets | wall | weathervane | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Landseer Maur Griggs, 1876–1938, British, Anglia Perdita, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.