- Additional Title(s):
Woman Bathing Feet
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 x 8 1/16 inches (25.2 x 20.5 cm), Plate: 4 15/16 x 4 9/16 inches (12.6 x 11.6 cm), and Image: 4 13/16 x 4 5/16 inches (12.3 x 11 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "(one of 3 proffs thus) CD6H6 Before Mass (underlined) | (very early state,before long dark perpendicular | shading in background above woman | etc etc)"; on back, lower left: "2 (circled)"
Lettered, lower center: "R S A"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "Robert Austin 1926"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | beads | bench | bookmarks | books | bottle | bowl | camisole | candle | candlestick | church | cleaning | cloth | crucifix | cup | cupboard | curtain | genre subject | mass | necklace | pitcher | rug | scissors | slippers | straw | towel | washing | window | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Before Mass, 1926
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.