- Additional Title(s):
Woman Bathing Feet
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 x 8 1/16 inches (25.2 x 20.5 cm), Plate: 4 15/16 x 4 9/16 inches (12.6 x 11.6 cm), Image: 4 13/16 x 4 5/16 inches (12.3 x 11 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "(one of 3 proffs thus) CD6H6 Before Mass (underlined) | (very early state,before long dark perpendicular | shading in background above woman | etc etc)"; on back, lower left: "2 (circled)"
Lettered, lower center: "R S A"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "Robert Austin 1926"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | beads | bench | bookmarks | books | bottle | bowl | camisole | candle | candlestick | church | cleaning | cloth | crucifix | cup | cupboard | curtain | genre subject | mass | necklace | pitcher | rug | scissors | slippers | straw | towel | washing | window | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Before Mass, 1926
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.