- Woman Praying
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 13/16 x 8 3/8 inches (30 x 21.2 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 6 3/16 inches (20.2 x 15.7 cm), and Image: 7 5/8 x 6 inches (19.3 x 15.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left under image: "12/75"; lower left: "Woman Praying. 1928."; lower right: "AK[...]- - 150 -"
Lettered, lower center: "R.S.A"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin-1928-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron (main garment) | blocks | buttons | candles | curtain | dress | earring | figure study | flames | genre subject | kerchief | kneeling | praying | slippers | solemn | steps | stool | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Woman Praying, 1928
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.