- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 9 3/16 x 10 3/8 inches (23.3 x 26.3 cm), 4 1/2 x 5 1/4 inches (11.4 x 13.4 cm), and 4 1/8 x 5 1/8 inches (10.5 x 13 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left under image: "3rd trial state-"; lower left: "Highbridge"; lower center: "3rd State (One impression only)"; upper right: "74 (underlined)"
Lettered, lower center: "R. S. A (S is backwards)"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin-1927-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fences | field | flags | grass | houses | landscape | path | posts | river | road | sails | ships | string | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Highbridge | Somerset | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Highbridge, 1927
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.