- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/16 x 10 3/8 inches (23.3 x 26.3 cm), Plate: 4 1/2 x 5 1/4 inches (11.4 x 13.4 cm), and Image: 4 1/8 x 5 1/8 inches (10.5 x 13 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left under image: "3rd trial state-"; lower left: "Highbridge"; lower center: "3rd State (One impression only)"; upper right: "74 (underlined)"
Lettered, lower center: "R. S. A (S is backwards)"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin-1927-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fences | flags | grass | houses | landscape | path | posts | river | road | sails | ships | string | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Highbridge | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Highbridge, 1927
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.