- Line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 5/8 x 8 1/8 inches (27 x 20.7 cm), 7 13/16 x 5 3/8 inches (19.8 x 13.6 cm), and 7 1/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17.9 x 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "4 (circled) Pub 1936 Edition 40 Engraving"; on back, lower left: "E784 (upside down)"
Lettered, lower center: "R S A"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin-1936-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bending | cape | dress | earrings | elderly | foliage | genre subject | grass | hill | hill | ivy (plant) | labor | log | old | post | resting | shoes | stones | trunk | woman | working
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Hilltop Rest, 1936
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.