- Line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 8 1/8 inches (27 x 20.7 cm), Plate: 7 13/16 x 5 3/8 inches (19.8 x 13.6 cm), and Image: 7 1/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17.9 x 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "4 (circled) Pub 1936 Edition 40 Engraving"; on back, lower left: "E784 (upside down)"
Lettered, lower center: "R S A"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin-1936-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bending | cape | dress | earrings | elderly | foliage | genre subject | grass | hill | hill | log | old | post | shoes | stones | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Hilltop Rest, 1936
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.