Two Girls on a Balcony
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 6 5/8 inches (22.3 x 16.8 cm), Plate: 7 1/16 x 4 15/16 inches (18 x 12.6 cm), Image: 5 7/16 x 4 1/2 inches (13.8 x 11.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "6 (circled)"
Lettered, lower center: "R S A"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin 1938-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balcony | boards | bracelet | buttonhole | buttons (fasteners) | capes | crosses | curtain | doorway | dresses | foliage | gaze | genre subject | girls | listening | nails | pattern | planks | posing | rafters | railing | ribbons | shoes | thoughtful | watching
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Two Girls on a Balcony, 1938
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.