- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 9 5/8 inches (31.4 x 24.5 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17.7 x 13.1 cm), and Image: 6 7/16 x 4 13/16 inches (16.4 x 12.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1st State 23 March 1946"; lower right: "144"
Lettered, lower center: "RSA"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin1946"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | fabric | flowers (plants) | friends | genre subject | kneeling | man | plants | resting | scarf | sitting | solemn | staff | stick | thoughtful | tunic | turban | vine | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Four Friends, 1946
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.