Girl at a Gate
- between 1938 and 1939
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/16 x 7 5/16 inches (23.3 x 18.5 cm), Plate: 5 11/16 x 4 1/8 inches (14.5 x 10.5 cm), and Image: 4 1/2 x 3 5/8 inches (11.5 x 9.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Girl at a Gate"; lower right: "126"
Lettered, lower center: "R S A"
Signed in graphite, lower center, "Robert Austin"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braids | bushes | cloak | dress | fences | flowers (plants) | gate | genre subject | girl | hat | landscape | leaning | leaves | log | resting | scarf | shoes | trees | umbrella
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Girl at a Gate, between 1938 and 1939
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.