A News Girl
- Drypoint prints on medium, slightly textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 5 1/2 inches (18.8 x 14 cm), Plate: 5 5/8 x 4 3/4 inches (14.3 x 12 cm), and Image: 5 5/8 x 4 5/8 inches (14.3 x 11.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Newspaper Girl East final proof"; lower right: "C. D. 19- 50.00"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "_Austin_ | 1920"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Robert S Austin 1920 - "
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | gaze | genre subject | girl | hat | holding | labor | newspapers | posing | selling | signs | watching | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, A News Girl, 1920
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.