The Puppet Master
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 10 13/16 x 8 9/16 inches (27.5 x 21.8 cm), 6 11/16 x 6 5/16 inches (17 x 16.1 cm), and 6 5/8 x 6 3/16 inches (16.8 x 15.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "3rd Trial State- To Marin Hardineh(?) from... (signature)"; lower left: "Line Engraving"; lower right: " 'The Puppet Master' | with highest regards, yours sincerily, RSA (underlined) | 3rd State"
Lettered, lower center inside image: "RSA"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin1926"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | boots | bowls | boxes | buildings | cans | city | coat | craftsman | dolls | figure study | genre subject | grasses | hat | hill | man | marionettes | old | paintbrush | puppets | resting | robe | scissors | sitting | strings | tower (building division)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, The Puppet Master, 1926
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.