The Puppet Master
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 x 8 9/16 inches (27.5 x 21.8 cm), Plate: 6 11/16 x 6 5/16 inches (17 x 16.1 cm), and Image: 6 5/8 x 6 3/16 inches (16.8 x 15.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "3rd Trial State- To Marin Hardineh(?) from... (signature)"; lower left: "Line Engraving"; lower right: " 'The Puppet Master' | with highest regards, yours sincerily, RSA (underlined) | 3rd State"
Lettered, lower center inside image: "RSA"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin1926"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | boots | bowls | boxes | buildings | cans | city | coat | craftsman | dolls | figure study | genre subject | grasses | hat | hill | man | marionettes | old | paintbrush | puppets | robe | scissors | strings | tower (building division)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, The Puppet Master, 1926
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.