IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Portrait of Joseph Haydn, 1791
Portrait of Joseph Haydn
- Additional Title(s):
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 x 8 5/8 inches (29.4 x 21.9 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 7 7/16 inches (25.2 x 18.9 cm), Image: 6 7/16 x 5 13/16 inches (16.4 x 14.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center right: "R"; on back, lower right: "1045 | AS4"
Lettered in black ink, along lower left border of oval image: "A. M. Olt pinxt. Painter to the Duke of Orleans"; along lower right border of oval image: "F. Bartolozzi sculpt. Historical Engraver to his Majesty."; lower center: "GIUSEPPE HAÝDN. | London. Pub as the Act directs April 4 1791 by H Humphrey No. 1S Old Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Bequest of Ralph Kirkpatrick, Yale MA (HON.) 1965
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Austrian | chair | composer | costume | man | music | oval | portrait | quill pen | sheet music | table | writing (processes)
- Associated People:
- Haydn, (Franz) Joseph (1732–1809), composer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.