The Hon. Samuel Barrington, 1729/30-1800
- Additional Title(s):
The Hon. Samuel Barrington, Admiral of the White, & Lieutenant General of Marines
The Honorable Samuel Barrington, Admiral of the White, and Lieutenant General of Marines
- Soft-ground etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 13 9/16 × 9 inches (34.5 × 22.9 cm) and 6 11/16 × 7 5/16 inches (17 × 18.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "1945.255"; on back, lower center: "1945.255"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "THE HON: SAMUEL BARRINGTON, | ADMIRAL of the WHITE, & LIEUTENANT GENERAL of MARINES. | From an original Picture by A. G. STUART, in the Polselsion of the | Earl of St Vincent. | Drawn by W. Evans, Engraved by G. Bartolozzi. | PUBLISHED FEB. 7. 1812. BY T. CADELL & W. DAVIES, STRAND, LONDON."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. John Hill Morgan
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- admiral | Admiral of the White | costume | man | marines (soldiers) | navy | officer (military officer) | portrait | Royal Navy | uniform
- Associated People:
- Barrington, Samuel (1729–1800), naval officer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Gaetano Stefano Bartolozzi, 1757–1821, Italian, The Hon. Samuel Barrington, 1729/30-1800, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.