- The Goshawk
- Wood-engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 4 15/16 inches (11.4 x 12.6 cm) and Image: 3 x 3 5/16 inches (7.6 x 8.4 cm)
Marked in yellow ink, on back, stamped: "YALE UNI | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "THE GOSHAWK. | (Falco Palumbarius, Lin.--L'Autour, Buff.)" (Falco Palumbarius, L'Autour both in italics)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Emerson Tuttle, B.A. 1914
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | branch | feathers | goshawk | hawk
- Associated People:
- Linnaeus, Carl (1707-1778), naturalist and taxonomist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, The Goshawk, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.