- Additional Title(s):
THE GOSHAWK. (Falco Palumbarius, Lin. -- L'Autour, Buff.)
- Materials & Techniques:
- Wood-engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 × 4 15/16 inches (11.4 × 12.6 cm), Image: 3 × 3 5/16 inches (7.6 × 8.4 cm)
Marked in yellow ink, on back, stamped: "YALE UNI | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "THE GOSHAWK. | (Falco Palumbarius, Lin.--L'Autour, Buff.)" (Falco Palumbarius, L'Autour both in italics)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Emerson Tuttle, B.A. 1914
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | branch | feathers | goshawk | hawks
- Associated People:
- Linnaeus, Carl (1707–1778), naturalist and taxonomist
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, The Goshawk, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.