- Thomas Hayley (1780-1800)
- Stipple engraving and line engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 6 1/8 inches (22.3 x 15.6 cm) and Image: 2 9/16 x 2 9/16 inches (6.5 x 6.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "2"
Lettered, in black ink, upper right: "To face Page 163"; center under image: "Blake. sc"; center: "THOMAS HAYLEY. | the Disciple of | John Flaxman. | from a Medallion."; lower center: "Published June 14, 1800 by Cadell & Davis Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Charles J. Rosenbloom, B.A. 1920
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | book | boy | circular | cravat | disciple | figure study | hair | medallion | portrait | profile | sculptor
- Associated People:
- Hayley, Thomas Alphonso (1780-1800), sculptor
Flaxman, John (1755-1826), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Thomas Hayley (1780-1800), 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.