Under the Pincian Trees
- Drypoint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- 8 1/16 x 10 3/4 inches (20.5 x 27.3 cm) and 4 13/16 x 6 9/16 inches (12.2 x 16.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "2 3/4"; lower left: "17 DM 2718"; lower center: "Under the Pincian Trees"; lower right: "A 15529"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | basilica | buildings | cathedral | city | cityscape | costume | dome | genre subject | hats | men | priests | railings | robes | terrace | trees | walking
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Lazio | Pincian Hill | Roma | Rome | St. Peter's Basilica | Vatican City
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, Under the Pincian Trees, 1911
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.