- Drypoint and etching with plate tone on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige Asian paper
- 8 5/8 × 11 9/16 inches (21.9 × 29.3 cm) and 5 × 6 15/16 inches (12.7 × 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "B7174-1"; lower right: "27"
Collector's mark: H.G. Whittemore; collector's mark: Thomas Simpson
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | arches | architectural subject | boat | buildings | cart | chimneys (architectural elements) | correctional institution | fields | genre subject | hills | horses (animals) | labor | landscape | men | prison | prisoners | wagon | wall | water | windows | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Ayr | Europe | Scotland | South Ayrshire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, Ayr Prison, 1905