- Drypoint and etching with plate tone on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige Asian paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 11 9/16 inches (21.9 × 29.3 cm) and Plate: 5 × 6 15/16 inches (12.7 × 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "B7174-1"; lower right: "27"
Collector's mark: H.G. Whittemore; collector's mark: Thomas Simpson
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | arches | architectural subject | boat | buildings | cart | chimneys (architectural elements) | correctional institution | fields | genre subject | hills | horses (animals) | labor | landscape | men | prison | prisoners | wagon | wall | water | windows | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Ayr | Europe | Scotland | South Ayrshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, Ayr Prison, 1905
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.