L'Eglise de St. Gervais et St. Protais
- Former Title(s):
Voyages pittoresques et romantiques dans l'ancienne France / Vue Générale de l'Eglise de St. Gervais et St. Protais, à Gisors
- Additional Title(s):
Vue Générale de l'Eglise de St. Gervais et St. Protais, à Gisors
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 15 3/16 inches (30.2 x 38.6 cm), Sheet: 9 x 11 1/8 inches (22.9 x 28.2 cm), Image: 8 7/16 x 10 7/16 inches (21.4 x 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "W. 31439 Bouvenne 11"; lower right: "15"; on back, lower right under stamp: "1990.174"
Marked in brown ink, on back, collector's stamp: square, with "Yale UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "P. 203."; lower left under image: "Bonington 1824."; lower center: "Vue Generale de l'Eglise de St. Gervais et St. Protais. | a Gisors."; lower right under image: "Lith de. G. Engelmann"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Anonymous Gift, The Frederick Benjamin Kaye Memorial Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | baggage | baskets | birds | buildings | buying | carrying | cart | children | church | city | clouds | costume | drapery | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | markets | men | road | sculpture | selling | stands | sticks | stones | stool | street | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Eure | Europe | France | Gisors | Haute-Normandie | Normandy
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, L'Eglise de St. Gervais et St. Protais, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.