Head of a Jew
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/16 x 12 3/8 inches (43.3 x 31.4 cm) and Plate (to image): 10 7/8 x 8 13/16 inches (27.6 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1926.5"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower right, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Bouverie Hoyton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Henry Emerson Tuttle, B.A. 1914
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | buttons | cap (headgear) | hat | Jewish | man | portrait
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Bouverie-Hoyton, active 1930, Head of a Jew, 1920s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.