Head of a Jew
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 17 1/16 x 12 3/8 inches (43.3 x 31.4 cm) and 10 7/8 x 8 13/16 inches (27.6 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1926.5"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower right, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Bouverie Hoyton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Henry Emerson Tuttle, B.A. 1914
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | buttons | cap (headgear) | hat | Jewish | man | portrait
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Bouverie-Hoyton, active 1930, Head of a Jew, 1920s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.