- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, greened white laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/16 x 9 5/8 inches (10.3 x 24.5 cm), Plate: 3 1/8 x 7 3/16 inches (8 x 18.2 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "69/75"; in graphite, on back, lower left: "1940.753 | a77094 [check mark] | £5-"
Collector's mark, verso: Yale University Art Gallery (Lugt 2667c)
Lettered in brown ink, within image, lower right: "The Calm | A Briscoe"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Charles Nagel Jr., BA 1923, BFA 1926, MFA 1928
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | crew | genre subject | marine art | masts | men | oars | rowing | sailboats | sails | sea | seamen
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, The Calm, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.