- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, greened white laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/16 x 9 5/8 inches (10.3 x 24.5 cm) and Plate (to image): 3 1/8 x 7 3/16 inches (8 x 18.2 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "69/75"; in graphite, on back, lower left: "1940.753 | a77094 [check mark] | £5-"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower left, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered in brown ink, within image, lower right: "The Calm | A Briscoe"
signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Charles Nagel Jr., BA 1923, BFA 1926, MFA 1928
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | genre subject | marine art | masts | men | oars | sailboats | sails | sea | seamen
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, The Calm, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.