- Etching and drypoint on medium, moderately textured, greened white laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 15 inches (26.6 x 38.1 cm) and Plate: 8 7/8 x 12 1/2 inches (22.5 x 31.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown-black ink, lower left: "31/75"; in graphite, lower right: "16 3/8 x 20"; on back, lower left: circle drawn around small hole in sheet
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower center: "NOON"; within image, lower right: "A Briscoe/30"
Signed in brown-black ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- binoculars | caps (headgear) | crew | deck | genre subject | hats | labor | marine art | men | meteorology | noon | science | sea | seamen | ship | steering | steering wheel | storm | trousers | waves (natural events) | wheel | workers | working
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, Noon, 1930
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.