- Additional Title(s):
Upper Burmah, No. 1
Upper Burmah No. 1
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 15 5/16 inches (25 x 38.9 cm) and Plate (to image): 4 x 8 inches (10.2 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "Evening calm."; lower center: "Upper Burmah, No. 1"; on back, lower left: "16736 L0(?)"
stamped in purple ink, lower center: "MADE IN ENGLAND."
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "II"
signed in graphite, center: "Charles W Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor | boats | Burmese | canoes | covering | fishermen (people) | fishing | genre subject | lake | landscape | marine art | men | mountains | oars | path | sampan | seamen | shelter | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Myanmar
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, Evening Calm, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.