IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, Evening Calm, undated
- Additional Title(s):
Upper Burmah, No. 1
Upper Burmah No. 1
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 15 5/16 inches (25 x 38.9 cm), Plate: 4 x 8 inches (10.2 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "Evening calm."; lower center: "Upper Burmah, No. 1"; on back, lower left: "16736 L0(?)"
stamped in purple ink, lower center: "MADE IN ENGLAND."
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "II"
Signed in graphite, center: "Charles W Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor | boats | Burmese | canoes | covering | fishermen (people) | fishing | genre subject | lake | landscape | marine art | men | mountains | oars | path | sampan | seamen | shelter | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Myanmar
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.