- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- 9 7/8 x 13 9/16 inches (25.1 x 34.4 cm) and 4 1/8 x 8 5/16 inches (10.5 x 21.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "Shortened canvas."
stamped in black ink, on back, lower left, on folded-in portion: "COUNTRY OF ORIGIN : GREAT BRITAIN."
Signed in graphite, center: "Charles W · Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Asian | boats | flag | genre subject | hut | islands | ladder | marine art | masts | men | sailboat | sampan | sea | seamen | shelter | smoke | steam | steamboat
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, Shortened Canvas, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.