The Date Pickers
- Drypoint on medium, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- 10 1/8 x 13 3/4 inches (25.7 x 34.9 cm) and 4 3/16 x 8 3/8 inches (10.6 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "The date pickers"
stamped in purple ink, lower center: "MADE IN ENGLAND."
Signed in graphite, center: "Charles W · Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- date palms | dates | fruit | genre subject | harnesses | harvest | labor | landscape | river | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Middle East
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, The Date Pickers, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.