The Date Pickers
- Drypoint on medium, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 x 13 3/4 inches (25.7 x 34.9 cm) and Plate (to image): 4 3/16 x 8 3/8 inches (10.6 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "The date pickers"
stamped in purple ink, lower center: "MADE IN ENGLAND."
signed in graphite, center: "Charles W · Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- date palms | dates | fruit | genre subject | harnesses | harvest | labor | landscape | river | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Middle East
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, The Date Pickers, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.