- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 15 7/16 inches (25.4 x 39.2 cm), Plate: 4 1/8 x 8 9/16 inches (10.5 x 21.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "Ctesiphon Arch."; lower left: "3678"
stamped in purple ink, lower center: "MADE IN ENGLAND."
Signed and dated in graphite, center right: "Charles W · Cain /21."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | arches | architectural subject | architecture | bones | carcass | desert | eating | landscape | monument | mosque | palace | ruins | vault (structural element)
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Baghdad | Ctesiphon | Iraq | Middle East | Taq-i Kisra
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, Ctesiphon Arch, 1921
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.