Bridge of Boats, Baghdad
- Additional Title(s):
Bridge of Boats - Baghdad
- Part Of:
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 15 7/16 inches (25.5 x 39.2 cm), Plate: 4 1/8 x 8 7/16 inches (10.4 x 21.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center left: "Bridge of boats - Baghdad."; lower left: "3678"
stamped in purple ink, lower center: "MADE IN ENGLAND."
Signed and dated in graphite, center right: "Charles W. Cain /21."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bridge of boats | buildings | canal | city | cityscape | figures | genre subject | marine art | men | oars | palm trees | punt (boat) | rowing | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Baghdad | Baghdad | Iraq | Middle East
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, Bridge of Boats, Baghdad, 1921
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.